Club Banana is Kim's favorite clothing store.
Club Banana has location in the Middleton Mall.
Among Kim and her female peers, Club Banana was considered the trendiest place to shop for clothes. It was a seldom mentioned fact that both Club Banana and the popular bargain store, Smarty Mart, were owned by the same company. In fact, the only real differences between the two stores' products were pretty much just the logos and the prices—and, in some cases, the names of certain colors—for example, a pair of black boots at Smarty Mart would be called "onyx"—would obviously be far more expensive at Club Banana.
Kim and her best girlfriend, Monique, met at Club Banana and were frequent shoppers there, which entitled them to exclusive benefits, such as attending a preview of the Cleopatra's Closet exhibit at the Middleton Art Museum. Kim was also a charter member of the Club Banana Club.
Monique worked part-time at Club Banana (eventually being promoted to assistant manager in Season 4) and was the one who got Kim her job at Club Banana (one of the things that convinced Kim to get a job at Club Banana was because of the employee discount).
Points of Interest
- Country Club Banana, a far more expensive version of the store, is located in the world's richest mall in Beverly Hills. The store is so expensive that customers must pass a credit card check before they can enter the store.
- Club Banana briefly featured Kim's original mission wear as a set, known then as KimStyle, which became a very popular clothing trend among Kim's peers.
- Both Club Banana and Smarty Mart, which had carried the components of Kim's original mission wear for much of the series, eventually discontinued the items, which forced Kim to find a new look. Curiously, this did not at all impact Ron, who continued to appear in his original mission wear beyond that point.
- Monique inspired Kim to start working at Club Banana, in the hopes that it would inspire Ron to get a part-time job as well.
- Monique was promoted to assistant manager of the Middleton Mall store. She then helped Kim recover chief designer Coco Banana's secret designs, which were stolen by Camille Leon while using Kim's identity.
- In an alternate future timeline, Shego renamed Club Banana as "Club Shego", and replaced all the clothing with green and black outfits derived from her own costume.
- Club Banana is an allusion to the clothing stores Banana Republic and Club Monaco, both of which are also trendy, upscale clothing stores.
- It is possible that its British spin-off stores would be Primark, Next or Gap.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ Low Budget
- ↑ Pain King vs. Cleopatra
- ↑ Trading Faces
- ↑ Kimitation Nation
- ↑ Clothes Minded
- ↑ The Big Job
- ↑ Fashion Victim
- ↑ A Sitch in Time
Since Martin Smarty founded Smarty Mart and still owns the chain, it can be reasonable to assume that he also owns Club Banana.