Drakken's stolen Brain-Switch Machine causes Kim and Ron to switch brains.
Mission Briefing Edit
- Villain: Dr. Drakken, Shego
- Evil plot: hold the world hostage with an experimental weapon.
- Kim's transportation:
Episode Description Edit
- Main article: Mind Games/Transcript
We star off outside Middleton high school, and the board says 'Regional CHEER FINALS Friday" and shows Kim and the cheerleaders practicing their routine. Resulting in Kim running backwards and bumping into the others. Bonnie criticises Kim's routine, only to get a response. Ron appears claiming to have something important, Kim ignores him and starts the routine again. To get her attention, Ron spells KIM out through a megophone, interrupting the practice and Kim pulls Ron over to the sideline and asks "What?". Ron pulls out Kim's Kimmunicator to find Drakken on the screen. THEME SONG. After some confused questions from Kim, Drakken announces that he is actually Private Dobbs, having had Drakken swapped their brains, and says Shego is coming, signal is cut off and Kim complains to Wade with one single word, "Wade!". Kim and Ron are walking in the hallway and start debating about whos' life is harder and carries on until Wade calls them in the lunch line/queue to say that Drakken's lair is in the middle of the Grand Canyon. A man called Baxter has lent Ron and Kim donkeys to ride on, and Ron has some bad luck. After finding the shack where Drakken's lair is supposed to be, a scorpion crawls up Ron's leg, therefore scaring him, and he jumps onto a pipe connected to an old fashioned oven and a lift/elevator rises out of the ground. They take it down and Ron asks "Have we been to this lair before?", and Kim's response is "They all start to look alike after a while.". They see the "Brain Switch" machine. Muffled yells are heard, and Kim uses an x-ray feature on her Kimmunicator to find Drakken's body and opens the crate containing it. After releasing Dobbs, Shego comes and battles Kim, while Ron tries to lead Dobbs away, but get stopped by guards. Kim uses and battles Shego in the air again, but Shego cuts her rope and Kim hurtles towards the BS machine and hits it, so a helmet connects to her head. Ron gets hit away and also hits the machine and a helmet connects to his head. Meanwhile Rufus lands on a big red button on the BS machine control panel, and the message "BRAIN SWITCH ENGAGED" appear on the screen. A large bolt of energy goes down the wires of the machine and Kim and Ron are shown as silhouettes travelking to eachothers' bodies, followed by a flash of white light. Ron and Kim pant heavily and look at each other. They say "You're me?!" and then "I'M YOU!" looking down at themselves. Kim (Ron's body) then claps her hand over Ron's mouth and says with wide eyes, "This, is so WRONG!".
Running Gags Edit
Middleton High School readerboard Edit
"Regional CHEER FINALS Friday"
Memorable Quotes Edit
Shego: What does "neutronalize" mean, anyway?
Drakken: I have no idea. But the military had it, it was top secret--that's good enough for me.
Dr. Ann Possible: (to Kim in Ron's body) I hear you honey, but as a certified neurosurgeon, I've got to say, it's just not possible to swap brains.
Ron (in Kim's body): Point taken Doctor P, but how else do you explain my bare midriff?
Kim (in her body): Mr Dumb Luck.
Ron: Not Dumb luck Kim, Dumb skills.
- When Kim (in Ron's body) kicks one of Drakken's henchman in the face, a sticker on Ron's shoe can be seen. The sticker reads "MADE IN HOLLYWOOD U.S.A."
- This episode features the first mention of Professor Dementor, although he doesn’t appear until later on in the series.
- Dan Castellenaneta, who voiced Private Dobbs in this episode, works with Nancy Cartwright (voice of Rufus) on another show, The Simpsons.
Production Information Edit
- it's the 6th episode to be made and the 8th episode to be showed on television
- When Ron and Kim switch minds, Rufus activates the machine by landing on a button on the control panel. However, for every mind switch after this, a lever is pulled to activate the machine.
- Ron and Kim(and prvate dobbs and draken) shouldn't have kept their own voices when they switched bodies, because voices are part of the body, not the brain. However, this was almost certainly intended for the sake of making it easier to associate Kim in Ron's body and Ron in Kim's body.
- When we first see the Possible family eating, you see Dobbs (in Drakken's body) "clean his plate". But a few shots later, you see little pieces of vegetables.
- After Shego says, "You know, this body's kind of cute when you're angry," when Drakken grabs her hand, for a split second Shego's lipstick disappears
- Ron(in Kim's body)is talking to somebody about the year book cimitee.However,when everyone is saying kim to Kim,her voice changes into a voice of someone who saw Kim and said "hi Kim"
- After Ron says "Gimme a break here I'm wearin' a skirt!", we look to Kim (in Ron's body) and Ron's/Kim's hair isn't waving anymore from running.
- When the cheerleaders are in a pyramid, to the bottom right there is a non-cheerleader in a cheerleader outfit.
Full Credits Edit
- Main article: Mind Games/Full Credits
#105: "The New Ron"
#107: "Royal Pain"